Friday, October 14, 2011

Sorry to all of you who have been patiently waiting for an update from me! I was out of town for a wedding but am back and back with the program.

What I love about Eating Clean:
My stomach is shrinking
It doesn't feel like a diet (well it isn't technically)
I'm never hungry
I don't crave junk food
When I eat junk food I feel like crap
I eat smaller portions and stay satisfied
My focus is shifting from food to more important things


I was down 7lbs at the 2 week mark, put a few on with traveling and now am sick so weighing isn't really something I'm trying to obsess about. I see results in my body, that's the true indicator of what is happening by sticking to Eating Clean. I am having to learn that my value is not in the number on the scale, that my value is in who I am as a person.

I had bronchitis for two weeks and now am struggling with an upper respiratory infection (sinus, etc). So, I really haven't been active with exercise in a while. The nice part is, weight loss is mostly attributed to food….and this is the first time I've not been overly worried or obsessed with what I put in and what I put out. I'm able to take the focus and stress out of the equation, which I believe will produce long standing results.

I really hope to get back into working out soon. I miss running terribly. I've been having some joint pain and the Doctors want to start testing for autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, etc. Let's just hope and pray that there are no diseases that will interfere with my quality of life.


Transformation story of the week:

http://eatcleandiet.com/community/success_stories/jessica_greichunos.aspx


Recipe of the Day, this looks amazing, have to try it this week
Check out the photo and post here: http://eatcleandiet.com/the_kitchen_table/recipe/recipe.aspx?id=587

This is a popular Israeli dish made from eggs and tomatoes (picture from Laaloosh website) and it's incredibly easy to prepare.
Ingredients
• Olive oil spray
• 1 small onion
• 1 garlic clove
• 2 large tomatoes (or half a can of crushed tomatoes)
• 1 red or green bell pepper
• cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin to taste
• pinch of salt
• fresh parsley (optional)
Instructions
1.Heat a medium sized pan sprayed with olive oil spray.
2.Chop the onion and garlic and add to the pan.
3.Chop the tomatoes and pepper and add to the onion and garlic.
4.Add the cayenne pepper, paprika and cumin (according to how spicy you want it) plus a pinch of salt and stir.
5.Cook for approx. 10 minutes, stirring occasionally (until the tomatoes are cooked through).
6.Make 3 'wells' into the tomato mix, adding one whole raw egg into one 'well' and 2 egg whites into the other 2 wells.
7.Cover the pan and cook for another 5 minutes until the eggs are fully cooked
8. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Tips & Bonus Information
It's easy to play around with this recipe - meaning the quantities don't have to be exact for it to taste good. I like to add loads of veggies like broccoli, carrots and sometimes sweet potatoes to give it some bulk. You can also add pieces of meat or low fat cheese. It's best served with some wholewheat pita bread, or wholewheat couscous.
YIELD: 1 serving
PREPARATION TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: Approx. 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment